Wednesday, October 21, 2009

UPDATE - 5 Weeks Post

2:13p



As of October 20, I am 5 weeks post. I can't believe that in the past, next week would be when I'd be getting a touch up. Actually, I generally went longer than 6 weeks, but I never kept track of how long I went. Usually two months because my hair is so fine.

5 weeks is great. I'm not struggling to control my new growth. My new growth is extremely managable and I'm noticing that my hair is actually getting some length since my cut. My goal was to stretch to 10 weeks this time and I think I am right on track for that.

This time around, I'm not washing my hair every few days as I am trying to maintain a straight style. This seems to be working very well for me as it is lower manipulation than me washing every 2-3 days and I also think that wearing my hair straight reduces tangling.

Deep conditioning with heat has been crucial for me. Weekly deep conditioning treatments will be crucial in my stretch. I'm also thinking of switching week to week between flat ironing and wearing a roller set. I'm not too concerned about heat damage as I have been using a heat protectant and only flat iron once a week.

I have also been using a mild protein MIXED IN with my moisturizing deep conditioner and that has been positive for my hair. I have realized that heavy proteins don't work for me, but I know that my hair needs some type of protein. This solution is working very well for me.

One thing I am lacking in my regimen is a good moisturizer that's light weight and doesn't weigh my hair down when I'm wearing straight styles. The Dove works great as a light moisturizer, but I have been experiencing reversion when using it on my flat ironed hair. I just purchased CHI Silk Infusion and Star Lacio Lacio High Shine Leave-In, so once they arrive, hopefully one of them will work as my light weight moisturizer.

Alls well with my hair for once. I'm very happy with my cut and the overall condition of my hair.

No comments:

Follow on Bloglovin