Tuesday, July 09, 2013

5 Things to Combat Thinning Hair

I have thin hair.

I am just on the other side of some really bad post partum shedding.

But there are a few things I have learned along the way to help combat shedding and thinning hair.

1. Biotin




I have been taking Biotin off and on for a few years. I do notice a big difference in the condition of my hair, nails and skin when I'm taking them consistently.

2. Monistat


When I first heard this, I thought it was crazy. And like a crazy person, I tried it. It worked. I used it to regrow my edges, because when I wear ponytails, they thin significantly.

3. Castor Oil


Used on a regular basis, castor oil can really thicken up hair. It's thick, but it does the trick.

4. Protective Styling


One thing you can do is really protect your hair. Instead of wearing it out everyday or in some other high manipulation style, braid it up, put it under a wig, bun it. Give your hair a rest. It will thank you later.

5. Texlaxing


This by far, really helped to thicken my hair. I relax for the manageability factor, but I always hated how thin my hair looked freshly relaxed. Texlaxing is simply not processing your hair fully. In essence, under processing. This leaves quite a bit of texture and much thicker, fuller hair.


6 comments:

KLP @ SavingOurStrands said...

Great tips! I've heard of the Monistat trick but I was never brave enough to try it!

www.savingourstrands.blogspot.com

Kimberly said...

Castor + Biotin gave proven to be great on my hair! I too had thin hair and all of the things you've listed have been spot on in my hair care process!

► XO • KIMBERLYLUXE

Ash said...

Hey Michelle, Your blog is quite interesting. By chance did you add anything to the Monistat before applying it to your edges.

Thanks in advance Ash.

buttabeen said...

ive wanted to try monistat to but the potential headaches have kept me from it but could you tell me " how" you actually use the cream, for how long, and is it something you have to continue doing for the rest of your life to maintain the growth or does the fall out when you stop like nioxin?

Anonymous said...

Great information!

Anonymous said...

Great information!

Follow on Bloglovin