Monday, September 07, 2009

REVIEW: Herbal Essences Dangerously Straight Conditioner

8:21a
So.
Just know that anytime I begin with "So," it's not going to be pretty. I really really wanted to love this. It was soooo promising.
  
It claims:
can i be straight with you? If you want to go flat out. i'll give you a big dose of conditioning to help you keep your straight look. pour on the lusciousness from root to tip with my creamy formula fused with honeyed pear & silk. it revives your hair's silkiness and shine and helps it move in a fine line.
Let me start with the good. The smell of this conditioner is FABULOUS. I will use it for the fragrance alone. It smells like I'm wearing perfume today, but I'm not, it's my hair! I fell in love with the smell immediately. It's perfumy, but not overly so. It's just right.
The conditioner is thick and creamy in texture and it required me to use a lot to really cover my strands. It didn't have very much slip at all and didn't allow me to detangle it very well at all. Before using HE Dangerously Straight, I shampooed with V05 clarifying conditioner {review on that to come} and my hair definitely needed some added moisture. My hair was softer, but not as silky as I'm used to getting with a conditioner. Overall, this just didn't do the trick for softening and detangling.
This morning, my hair held it's curl {I did a pony tail twist out} very well. It is very well defined. I will try this conditioner as a leave in when I want to flat iron or blow dry my hair, but as a cowash conditioner, this was really a fail. Other than the smell, I don't have much to say about it.

No comments:

Follow on Bloglovin