Tuesday, September 01, 2009

REVIEW: Aussie Moist Conditioner

8:45a

What it claims: Moist Conditioner, with splashes of Australian Aloe, Jojoba Oil and Sea Kelp, helps seal in natural moisture and takes thirsty tresses from hapless to hydrated

How it did: I have to say that I really like Aussie. This conditioner really gave my hair great moisture. For my first time using this conditioner, I used it as a cowash with nothing added so that I could give it a honest try.
It detangled great, no need to comb, any tangles fell out with the force of the water. It left my hair feeling really silky and soft. I applied it in the shower and turned the water in my shower to super hot {I <3>
I air dried my hair down since I was tired of the braid outs, twist outs and such. My hair felt so moisturized as it was drying. I didn't add and leave ins or moisturizers as it dried as I didn't want my hair to dry too heavy. At about 75% dry is when I added my leave ins and sealed. My hair was really light and fluffy. It was like air. I did one bantu knot in a ponytail and wrapped it up and went to sleep.
The next morning, my hair was very soft, moisturized and silky.
My final verdict: I really like Aussie Moist. It's definitely a keeper. For my next use, I will probably add EVOO, just because Aussie doesn't seem heavy enough for my moisture needs as a cowash.
Other uses: I used Aussie Moist as a deep conditioner base, adding in Elasta QP DPR 11 and Organics Cholesterol Tea Tree Conditioner and a shot of salt. This deep conditioner mix was one of my better ones and I will use it again.

2 comments:

Renise B said...

I didn't know you used LustraSilk Cholesterol. Did it make your hair feel hard? That's what I've been using for proteing deep condish and I don't like it. But then again, I've mostly used it solo and I see you've added a few moisturizers to it. I once tried to mix it with shea butter, evoo, honey and hello hydration. It didn't make difference. Maybe I a stronger moisturizing condish...one that's actually a deep condish?

Michelle said...

I had to edit that post - I actually use Organics Cholesterol Tea Tree Conditioner. So it's a different brand. This one is moisturizing.

Follow on Bloglovin