Friday, September 18, 2009

It Doesn't Define Me

4:04p
I've been thinking about my journey and how it's been so easy for me to allow myself to get caught up in how my hair defines me.
I went to get my hair butchered cut last week and I wanted to have a sleek new look that sang out maturity, style and sophistication. When I didn't get that, I felt shattered. My hair put me into a panic and I realized that I was letting my hair define me.
I don't want to look around looking crazy by any means, but I also realized that my hair is just that. Hair. One, it will grow back. And two, I'm it's master! Today, after my texlax last night, I'm actually feeling this short hair. It doesn't look bad on me and I know that my hair will grow back.

I don't need my hair to fit neatly into a definable box for me to be happy with it.

No comments:

Follow on Bloglovin