Friday, August 21, 2009

You Care More About Your Hair Than You Do Me

8:19a

That is what my husband said to me as I applied my deep conditioner in front of the mirror.

"You care more about your hair than you do me"

These past couple of months on this hair journey have afforded me the opportunity to really learn about the proper care for my hair. I've never been so wrapped up in the health of my hair. I don't consider this being vain at all. Is it vain to exercise? Is it vain to eat right? Then I don't understand how it is vain to take care of hair, another part of the body.

Needless to say, I disagreed with my husband. It takes time to properly care for hair. He should be happier that he's not shelling out the big bucks for me to get my hair done every two weeks.

Does anyone else have this problem? Are you considered vain for taking care of your hair so well?

1 comment:

Renise B said...

Vanity is a bit much. Yes, you and I both have been wrapped up in this hair thing but it's because it's so exciting to learn about something new that you're truly interested in. Your hubby knows ur not vain and I know he has to appreciate how fab you look now. Keep doing what your doing because you have to love yourself inside and out in order for him to be able to. What's up with guys thinking our hair directly reflects our relationships with them? That's how ole dude of mine got kicked to the curb when he was tripping about my BC. lol!

Follow on Bloglovin