Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Target


8:45a

I read something that made more sense to me than anything I've read thus far on my hair care journey.

It's all about targeting one problem at a time. I got so caught up in trying to do so many things for the health of my hair, that I forgot that I can't fix everything all at once. And that led to me not fixing ANYTHING.

It makes sense to have a target for your hair care. Especially when you are having several issues. For me, it's moisture. That's been my issue since the beginning. I am able to keep my hair well moisturized and breakage free, but then something pops up and I'm thinking, maybe I NEED to do a protein treatment. Or maybe I NEED to try this or that to see if it can make my hair grow longer.

Having a target keeps me focused. Which when faced with so much knowledge can be challenging. It's hard to keep the bits and pieces that I learn everyday from cropping up in my hair care as something I want to try. Now, I take those bits and pieces that APPLY to my target and it allows me to focus on tackling one problem at a time.

Targeting some specific problem also allows you to purchase products that combat that issue. I've gone to the hair aisle at my local store and have been overwhelmed by the choices, unable to figure out what I want and need. Now that I am focusing on moisture, I go in knowing exactly what to look for. Products that say "For damaged hair," "For color treated hair" or "For extremely dry hair," all catch my eye now. Before, anything with a pretty package was in my cart!

Right now, as I said, I'm focusing on moisture. I know that moisture is going to be what helps my hair to grow, get healthy and stay healthy.

Have you ever tried targeting one specific problem versus trying to tackle them all at once?

1 comment:

Renise B said...

That's a good point. There's so much information out there. Some times I wonder if I feel there is a problem with my hair just because I've read so many other people have the problem. I'm trying to fix something that isn't even an issue. The power of suggestion. Glad you found an issue to focus on.

Follow on Bloglovin