Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Most Worn Protective Styles

8:51a

I was once against protective styles. I thought they were all boring and I would want to wear my hair out more than put it up.

Thanks to some research, I was able to find out that protective styling didn't just mean buns. Buns are a great way to protect the ends and keep hair moisturized. I found that I need change in order to not get bored with my hair.

One of my favorite protective styles is wearing rods. I love curly hair. This allows me to curl hair when wet and eliminate the need for a blow dryer and a curling iron {which is the way I used to spiral curl my hair}
The good ol' bun. This is my standby. If I feel my ends need protection or I'm just too lazy to do anything else, the bun is always there to give me a low maintenance style that is still presentable.

I have an assortment of "up and out of the way" protective styles. I usually never know how they look in the back until I take a picture. I always carry some sort of clip with me. Just in case.


I do a lot of twist outs and because of the cut of my hair {or should I call it what it is...damage}, I am not able to wear it down all the time. Thus, the twist out gets swept back into a ponytail. Either I pin it up or let it hang, depending on my mood.
All these styles are protective, as I'm not adding any heat to the hair or manipulating much. I pretty much wear a protective style every day. Hopefully I'll see some results from my dedication to keeping the heat out and the protective in!



No comments:

Follow on Bloglovin