Thursday, August 27, 2009

Slow and Steady Wins the Race

8:03a

I'm all about instant gratification. I want it and I want it now. And that's the attitude I've carried into my hair care journey.

I want a full head of healthy and thick hair now. Not two years from now. Now!

I have been contemplating cutting my hair and starting with a "clean" slate. I was going to texlax at 6 weeks instead of the 10 I am trying to stretch to now, in order to make this happen. But what I realized was that cutting my hair isn't going to get me closer to my goal of healthy and thick hair. Only time, patience and consistency is going to do that.

I've got to put the things I've learned into practice and believe that it's going to pay off. I know that I can manage the hair I have now, even it is a bit uneven and damaged at parts. I've revised my regimen for the remainder of the summer as follows:

Deep condition 2x a week
Prepoo 1x a week
Protective style daily in buns, ponytails or braid outs
No protein unless it's absolutely evident that my hair needs it
And absolutely no heat

In order for me to achieve health, moisture is going to be key for me. I'll be patient with my hair and allow it to grow at it's own rate versus me trying to rush the issue by being rash.

No comments:

Follow on Bloglovin