Monday, August 17, 2009

Romancing the Hair


7:18a

So. This weekend I wined and dined my hair. After my realization last week that I had inadvertently over-proteinated {totally made up word} my hair, I recognized that I let everything I was learning about my hair, was getting in my way.


I was putting everything I was learning into practice at once. My hair revolted. It was crying for the simple regime I began with. The one where I washed my hair twice a week, alternating between conditioner and shampoo. The one where I deep conditioned once a week with Dr. Miracle's Tingling Intensive Deep Conditioning Treatment.
I forgot how effective that was because I got sidetracked by what this new conditioner could do, what this mixture could do and so on and so forth.
I was derailed by products.
So after my protein bumps last week, I decided to go back to basics. I haven't been on this journey long, but I needed to go back to what worked for me. I strayed away from Dr. Miracle's because so many on LHCF hated the products. This product is the only one I have tried, and I have to be 100% honest. I really love it.
It moisturizes my hair like no other. Especially now, when my hair was begging for moisture.
My hair hasn't returned to it's full glory, but it's on its way. A few more weeks of Dr. Miracle's and I think I'll be in a good place.
I'm going to have to always remember that just because it doesn't work for someone else, doesn't mean it won't work for me. And vice versa.
Try it. You may like it.

1 comment:

Miracle Girl said...

So glad you liked our deep conditioning treatment! I would love to follow up with you, can you you email me?

-MG
aja@drmiracles.com

Follow on Bloglovin