Tuesday, July 07, 2009

Right on Schedule


11:30a


So I washed and deep conditioned yesterday. I used a new mix, that was pure luxury for my hair.


I used 2 parts Elasta QP DPR-11, 2 parts EVOO, and 1 part ORS Replenishing Pack. So far, this was the best mix I have ever used. I'm 8 weeks post my last texlax and it felt like a brand new relaxer when I washed it out!


I mixed it up in my bowl and brought it with me into the shower. First, I clarified and let that sit for a few minutes to make sure all the old product was broken down. Then after rinsing, I applied my deep condition mix. I parted my hair down the middle and parted the halves into four sections, making sure to saturate the new growth. I made sure to get the ends really well. I made a good amount of the mix so I had some leftover after I coated all my hair. At the end, I just added all the rest to my ends. More couldn't hurt right?


I pinned my hair up and put on my plastic cap and turned the water as hot as I could stand it to get the steam really going. I rinsed after about 15 minutes and it was so soft, silky and moisturized. I wonder what it would have been like if I had left it on for 30-45 minutes, had I not been being lazy.


I let my hair dry {t-shirt method} until it was about 75% dry, added my leave in and moisturized and sealed, then put one roller on the ends and wrapped my scarf around, then off to bed.


It was exactly what I needed. And when I woke up this morning, my hair was happy and smiling.

1 comment:

Renise B said...

Your hair looks really good. You definitely found the right combo of products. Your pony looks really full. Until I read your post, I thought you had cut your hair b/c the ends don't full and healthy.

Follow on Bloglovin