Monday, July 06, 2009

I Know I Said I Wouldn't Do It...

2:29p



I know I said I wouldn't do it. I said I was getting rid of my pony tail for good. It's not good for my hair. It pulls out my hair. It's killing my nape and my edges.

But, wait. I really have found a way to wear my pony tail without all the damage that ensues from a normal pony tail...well, my normal ponytails anyway.

What you'll need:

  • Elastic hair bands {no metal and NO RUBBER BANDS}
  • Comb {depending on hair to detangle}
  • Moisturizer
  • Sealer
  • Brush
  • Scarf
  • EVOO

Ok, this is the best tip I have ever learned is how to achieve a ponytail with out pulling hair extremely tight. This not only damages the hairline and the nape, it also gives me a killer headache!

So first, I smooth my hair back like a pony tail. I detangle the ends of my pony with my comb and add my moisturizer in, concentrating on my ends first. Then I make sure I coat my edges well so that they will lay down.

Next, I add my sealer to seal in the moisture, focusing on the ends, my edges and my nape. I brush my edges back, making sure they are lying down flat.

I soak my elastic hair band with EVOO before I tie my hair LOOSELY with the elastic hair band. This was the best tip I ever learned for my ponytail. Soaking the elastic with EVOO prevents the elastic band from drying out the hair underneath it and in turn prevents breakage in that area. Tying the hair band loosely really is the key to a harmless pony tail.

After my elastic hair band is in and I'm satisfied with the positioning, I tie my scarf over my hair to smooth down the front. I go about my morning, brushing my teeth, applying make-up, chasing toddlers, etc.

When I take my scarf off, my pony tail is textured perfection.

*I tried to take a picture of my smoothed down hair in the front, but my forehead just kept looking larger than life, so you can imagine a smooth hairline here.

1 comment:

Renise B said...

This is a really good tip. where did you find this?

Follow on Bloglovin