Monday, July 06, 2009

Hair Schedule

2:08p

{click to make larger}


I realize this picture is extremely small, but I'm inept at figuring out how to get it bigger. Oh well, you get the idea.


What the photo above is, is my new hair calendar. Yep, I went ahead and did it. And I think it will be extremely helpful as I have designated Tuesdays, Thursdays and Saturdays, my "Hair Days." These are the days when I will be doing the majority of washing, deep conditioning, etc to my hair. Based on my schedule, these days work the best.


Tuesdays - Clarify and deep condition with heat. I've read alot of literature that says that clarifying should only take place once a month. I've found with the products I am currently using and with co-washing, I get build up a lot quicker. I'm clarifying with V05 clarifying shampoo and deep conditioning with DPR or whatever DC I have on hand.


Thursdays - I will co-wash with a moisturizing conditioner {I'm using Mane n Tail} and then following up with my Aussie Deeeeep and the DPR mixed with EVOO. I won't use heat, but will use in the shower for about 10 minutes.


Saturdays - Wash with moisturizing shampoo{Mane n Tail} and deep condition with DPR mixed with EVOO



This schedule is brand new, so I'm sure there will be adjustments along the way. I haven't been using shampoo regularly, if at all, so I may determine that my need for clarifying will diminish. I would like to make sure I deep condition at least twice a week until my hair gets into shape.

Also this month I will be texlaxing with ORS relaxer and I want to make sure my hair is strong before the relaxer. That's where the protein treatment on the Tuesday before my texlax comes in. I'll write up my process for texlaxing before I actually do it so that I can have a game plan. I found an excellent resource in my research last week.


My hope that the calendar will be able to keep me on track as well as document what I've been doing so that I know if anything needs to be changed in my process.

2 comments:

Renise B said...

Why am I so not surprised that you actually made a calendar. lol! The sched is good though. I may have to do this for myself.

Michelle said...

lol! girl, i have to! I kept forgetting when I washed and my relaxer date. This will help me keep it straight.

Follow on Bloglovin