Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Making Sense of it All

12:49p

I've never been one who is good at handling life when life happens. I'm analytical. I have to analyze everything. I have to make sense of things before I can even begin to deal with anything.

This past weekend in my life has been one of the most jarring and most life altering weekends in my life. I've learned how valuable life is and how much I need to protect the things closest to me. I think I've led a pretty sheltered life. And that's the life I want to give my daughters.

I want them to learn lessons, but I don't want them to be exposed to this world and all the evil that lays in wait for them.

I am grateful that things weren't worse. And in turn, I have motivation to make things different. To challenge things that I can't live with rather than staying quiet and suffering silently.

That is what life does. It changes you and shapes you. As I grow older, I feel so much wiser than I did even a short year ago.

I can't say that I enjoyed every step of the way, but I did learn so much on my journey so far.

No comments:

Follow on Bloglovin