Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Excuses


3:31p

I am full of them.

I used to work well under pressure. When it was down to the wire. When I had to produce or else.

That doesn't work so well for me now. Things begin to crumble around me due to my procrastination and inability to DO instead of thinking about doing. Not literally, mind you. I have been maintaining and keeping things in order in my life. But my head --my mental that is-- is in shambles.

One side of my brain is thinking about this grad school application that I need to finish --I'm a writer--so why is the essay so hard for me to complete? And this so-called novel? Will I ever type those two sweet words --the end?

When it comes to me and the things I want to do, I tend to have an extremely hard time getting done. My mind clouds up and seizes like an epileptic.

I'm not quite sure how to pull myself out of this rut that I'm in when it comes to chasing my dreams. Hopefully I'll figure it out.

I've given myself until September 1 for both things -- application {only because it's due on that date!} and novel {first draft}

Wish me luck.
Oh and by the way-- those hands? Those are mine. Typing neither grad school essay nor novel.

No comments:

Follow on Bloglovin