Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Flat Hair

10:03a
So I was looking at my last post and how utterly FLAT my pony tail looked. It looked really sad and depressing. So, I had to fix that. After about a week of trying different twist outs and bantu knot outs on my pony, nothing was working. It was still FLAT.
I discovered two things. I was using waaay too much castor oil that was causing my hair to be limp and to have no life. And two, the twist outs just weren't working.
So yesterday, with money in my pocket to burn, I headed to the store to pick up some things to resolve the issue.
I got :


All I have to say about this stuff is that it is AMAZING. After I did my deep protein condition and my deep moisturizing condition, I added this and man, my hair felt like SILK. I even used it on my daughter this morning and her hair was shining and laying down and obeying for once! This will most likely be my new staple. It cost me $4.49, but I think my local beauty suppy store is a tab bit expensive, so I know I can probably find it elsewhere for a little less.



AND

I have NEVER used rollers. Except for when I was like 11 and my mother used them on my hair for a family picture. And it was a diaster that is forever memorialized. So needless to say, rollers have been off my radar. But as I was perusing the aisles yesterday, something drew me to the wall of rollers. I pondered for maybe five to ten minutes what size and shape to get. I settled on these, because I tend to like a tighter curl and liked that these didn't have that little snap thing that leaves a bump in your hair {i.e. family picture hair fiasco of 1996}. Now I know nothing about doing hair or rollers or what anything is for. I dont know the difference between a regular roller and cold rods. All I know is they cost a buck and if my hair turned out bad, only one dollar was down the drain.

Well, my hair turned out fabulous. The curls are soft, bouncy and tight. I know that over the next few days, they will fall beautifully. I almost can't wait to see what they look like tomorrow.



Now I have to go back and get some more cold rods so that I can try this all over my head and not just in my pony tail.




No comments:

Follow on Bloglovin