Tuesday, June 30, 2009

7 weeks in

1:09p

I am 7 weeks into my hair journey.

So far it has been exhilarating, frustrating and exciting. It helps that my best friend is embarking with me {though she is natural}, because I have someone to talk to and help me through my set backs.

I have always had a decent length to my hair but for the past few years, have noticed thinning and major breakage. I wish I could say, seven weeks in, that I've seen incredible progress. But I haven't.

Length is not my goal right now. I'm just hoping to obtain health and that the length will automatically follow. I'm definitely seeing the added moisture now that I've been deep conditioning regularly. I also may not be able to see much progress because I had a minor {major} set back last week that left me a little disillusioned about this whole process.

I realize that patience and diligence play a major role in this process and that goals aren't obtained overnight.

Next week will be my 8th week since my last relaxer {texlax} and I'm trying to decide the best time to texlax again. I've always {though inadvertently} stretched my relaxers as I'm both lazy and cheap! My last relaxer stretch was my longest at 4 months.

Now that I am conditioning my new growth, I believe that I will be able to stretch much longer without the breakage and tangling I experienced on my last {inadvertent} stretch.

I'll have to play this one by ear. I'll be on the search for a new relaxer as well. I would love to just apply a texturizer, but I'm not sure what the effects would be since parts of my hair are fully relaxed and also texlaxed.

That's the thing with this hair journey. I don't think I will ever get there. There is always going to be something new to discover. Some new product to try. Some setback that will need resolution.

It's exhilarating, frustrating and exciting.

1 comment:

Renise B said...

I think you can stretch it a little bit longer. It may be a good idea to stretch as much as possible right now since you had a mini hair crisis. Don't want to strip out what you're using to repair it. It would suck if you took two steps back when you just took a step in the right direction.

Follow on Bloglovin