Friday, May 22, 2009

Accessorizing

10:16a

If there is one thing I am terrible at, it's accessorizing. Be it my hair, my ears or my wrist. I'm a simple person and I like simple accessories. In light of that fact, I'm on a mission to find accessories that are just that. Simple, classic, elegant.
I love this head band from Kohl's for $6.00. This could really dress up a twist out and at the same time hide raggedy edges!
I'd never thought I'd like anything that was faux reptile, but I find myself in love with this one from Forever 21. And for only $2.80, you can get all the colors. Black, brown, yellow, and pink.
These floral suede headbands from Kohl's are simple and classic but can easily add interest to a bun or a slicked back pony. And at $6.00, they're a pretty good value too.
Maybe it's just me, but I always like to have a few of these on hand. When I'm wearing my hair out, it tends to get out of control at times. I always have an extra clip at the bottom of my bag for those times. And with classic, simple lines and at $3.99 at Walgreens, these would be perfect in those occasions. I think these clips are very interesting. Adding interest to a style doesn't have to be hard. From Aldo for $4.98, these headbands instantly add detail.
I love the simplicity of this head band from Aldo {$4.98}. The red really pops.Now this headband is fancy. From designer Eugenia Kim, this headband isn't cheap at $99, but if it isn't elegant, I don't know what is.

And finally, this pink flower from Forever 21 {2.80} is an understated way to spruce up a bun. I love this and it screams summer!
I don't wear much in my hair by way of accessories, but these things have gotten me rethinking that. Summer is coming up and I'll be wearing protective styles to retain length and moisture. Buns can get boring, but with a few accessories, I can change up my look and keep it interesting.

1 comment:

krb said...

OMG!!! You totally sound like an infomercial. lol! lol! "And for only $2.80, you can get all the colors. Black, brown, yellow, and pink." I can totally picture some overly peppy chick saying this. Smiling so hard her cheekbones hurt while pointing at her headband as the crowd of happy yet skeptical viewers oooh and ahhh.

Follow on Bloglovin