Friday, May 22, 2009

My need for Protein

8:19a

I had a revelation last night. It shouldn't have been a revelation. It should have been extremely obvious to me, but it wasn't.

My hair is weak. And I'm losing a lot of it every time I comb, run my fingers through it or when the wind blows it too hard. My comb had an embarrassing amount of hair in it last night. I thought it may be shedding, but I believe it's breakage.

Years of relaxers and not enough moisture, has left my hair thirsty and tired. It can't even hold up to the stress of being detangled.

So, in order to fix this problem, I've decided to incorporate a weekly deep protein conditioner to my regimen. I have Organics Hair Mayonnaise by Africa's Best :



I used this before and after my texlax, but I think that my hair is so protein deficient, that it may need it on a weekly basis for awhile.

My plan is to apply this to my dry hair and either sleep overnight with it { just to make sure that I reap the full benefits of it} and then cowash it out and follow up with Dr. Miracle's Tingling Deep Conditioner for 60 minutes with heat.

I read an article recently that really helped me understand the balance between protein and moisture. I feel a little more knowledgeable about what my hair will do and feel like when it needs one or the other {or both}. The article was very helpful, so as I learn, I'm determined to share the knowledge.

Here's the link to the article - http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/278612/the_fine_art_of_protein_and_moisture.html?cat=69

Taking care of hair is definitely a fine art.

No comments:

Follow on Bloglovin