Tuesday, March 16, 2010

REVIEW: Smooth 'N Shine Polishing Silk Style Iron Styler - Heat Protect

9:24a


I was perusing the aisles at my local Target and I came across this product. I was pretty intrigued since I had been flatironing alot (big NO-NO...and I paid for it dearly).

It claims: Smooth 'N Shine Polishing Silk Style Iron Styler is a heat activated styler that protects hair from dehydration and damage.


Leaves hair smooth and shiny!

My finds: I like this product. The consistency is neither runny nor thick, and it covers hair easily with out having to use too much. I found that it did leave my hair both silky and shiny (and my girls hair - I used it to blow out their hair). I have become pretty paranoid (though one cannot tell!) about heat and I doubled up on the heat protectant, opting to use another heat protectant over this one.

It cost about $3 and was worth it. I make sure to use this when blow drying and flat ironing along with another heat protectant.

Ingredients: AQUA (WATER), GLYCERIN, CETEARYL ALCOHOL, BEHENTRIMONIUM METHOSULFATE, SILK AMINO ACIDS, PANTHENOL, HYDROXYPROPYL BIS-HYDROXYETHYLDIMONIUM CHLORIDE, POLYQUARTERNIUM-11, AMINOPROPYL DIMETHICONE, AMODIMETHICONE, HYDROLYZED WHEAT PROTEIN, LACTIC ACID, HYDROXIPROPYLCELLULOSE, BUTYLENE GLYCOL, OCTOXYNOL-40, ISOLAURETH-6, METHYLCHLOROISOTHIAZOLINONE, MRTHYLISOTHIAZOLINONE, PARFUM (FRAGRANCE, LINALOOL, HEXYLCINNAMAL, CITRONELLOL, BUTYLPHENYL METHYLPROPIONAL, CI 17200 (RED 33).


Not sure what all that means or if there was anything I should stay away from in it, but I noticed the silk amino acids and wheat protein first when I read the ingredients. Those two ingredients made me purchase it.
Overall, this product was a good buy. I will continue to use.



2 comments:

RawkStarAngel said...

Hello there, I also love this product, and I actually purchase it from the dollar tree here in Michigan. Does the job, I put it on whenever I get out of the shower even if I dont plan to Flat Iron or Blow Dry, just because it makes my hair shiny, and gives it protection.

Anonymous said...

I too have recently purchased this product from dollar tree (in California) & I must say I LOVE IT!!!!! I went back the next day after using it & bought 5 more.

Follow on Bloglovin