Wednesday, September 09, 2009

Winterizing Your Hair

11:42a

This will be my first winter on my hair journey. And since I'm more northern than I have ever been in my life, I know that I'm going to have to take some extra steps to make sure my hair is taken care of.

The harsh, cold winds can really do damage on hair if it isn't properly taken care of. There are a few things that I will be doing to make sure that winter doesn't cause any damage to my locks.

  • Keep hair in protective styles for the entire winter to ensure that ends aren't rubbing aganist the heavy wool or my coat or sweaters
  • Line winter hat with a satin scarf to make sure that the rough material of my hat isn't damaging my hair or hairline
  • Cut back on my co-washes in the winter since my hair doesn't fully air dry quickly
  • Up the deep conditioning to 2 to 3 times a week
  • Moisturize, moisturize, moisturize
Hopefully, when winter rolls around {very soon!}, I'll be prepared. I'm sure that everything I've done thus far in my hair journey has only helped the health of my hair. Starting off with a healthy head of hair is especially important.

1 comment:

Renise B said...

Satin lining in the hood! Very creative! I have yet to decide what protective styles I will do this winter but you're right, this first winter will be very important. I'll have to utilize some weave because I don't have enough length to bun it or anything like that.

Follow on Bloglovin