Friday, September 25, 2009

Dry Roller Wrap Results...sort of...

11:07a

Determined to add more body and curl to my hair, I tried the dry roller wrap last night. I did it exactly the way she did it in the video except I didn't use wrap lotion only because I don't own any. I used the Dove moisturizing mist and HE LTR on my ends. One thing I will change is the size of the rollers. I bought these purple rollers before I cut my hair {twice} and they were a little to large to give me the curl that I really wanted.

This is what it looked like all curled up and wrapped:








I wrapped it up with a silk scarf and put the bonnet over the whole thing. It took awhile for me to find a way to sleep comfortably, but I did. This morning when I removed the rollers and took down the wrap, it was great. I loved it. The hair was moving and it had body, interest and curl. Until I walked outside. It was so humid today that my hair fluffed up and I looked like a walking Chia Pet or better yet, Red, from Fraggle Rock.

So I was actually prepared with a clip and my brush just in case. After a quick trip to the bathroom, all my hardwork looked like this:



Don't let the smile fool you, I was crying on the inside.

No comments:

Follow on Bloglovin