Tuesday, August 04, 2009

Bun Today, Gone Tomorrow

8:12a

Buns are boring

Utterly, boring. So boring, that I abandoned my no heat decision, and I blow dried AND flat ironed. I missed my wrap horribly. It was calling my name, begging to be brought back to life. So I did it. And it didn't look as great as I remembered it. In fact, only a few hours after I straightened it, it found it's way back into a haphazard bun.


I liked wearing my hair down. I life feeling it on my shoulders and back. But at the end of the blow drying session, I looked down and saw the broken hairs littering the bathroom floor. I decided that it wasn't worth it.

So I'm back on air drying and protective styles. Hair health is more important to me than that wrap calling me softly from the corner I've banished it to.

2 comments:

MBB Founder and Editor Denene Millner said...

Okay—your hair? GORGEOUS!

Thanks for stopping by MyBrownBaby, and especially for following... it's MUCH appreciated!

Renise B said...

I know how you feel about that wrap. I hear the whispers too. I've been so tempted to straighten my hair lately. I love my natural coils but kind of miss running my fingers through my hair and not getting snagged by a curly. lol!

Follow on Bloglovin