Thursday, August 06, 2009

Deep Conditioning - My Mix

8:04a

There are so many ways to deep condition your hair. So many products to use. So many extras to mix in to "boost" the deep conditioner even more. I'm ever grateful that I have discovered great products that moisturize my hair well. Before I began to properly take care of my hair, I couldn't even tell you what deep condition meant.

Over the past few months, I've found a few staple products that work well for me.

The Aussie 3 minute Deeeep is great. However, it is not great alone. It does a good job by itself, but it's not heavy enough for my hair. My Elasta QP DPR 11 works great in and of itself, but I've discovered with the addition of a few other products, it works even better. Which is why I add the Organics Cholesterol Tea Tree Conditioner. It's a protein and I don't need too much of it. A teaspoon added to the mix works well for me. And lastly, good ol' EVOO. Extra Virgin Olive Oil adds one last layer of moisture that really takes my mix to the next level.

My mix is:
  • Two spoonfuls of Elasta QP DPR 11 {this is my base}
  • One spoonful of the Organics Cholesterol
  • One spoonful of Aussie Deeeep
  • One spoonful of EVOO
I usually apply it as if I'm applying a relaxer, especially when I'm anywhere past 4 weeks with my relaxer. This helps add moisture to my roots, making them easier to manipulate and comb. After one of these deep conditions, I'm able to comb through my roots with absolutely no problem.


Once I have applied it to my roots, I make sure to saturate the rest of my hair with it. I especially baby my ends and my edges. These are my most vulnerable areas. The length of time that I leave it on varies. It pretty much depends on how tired I am {since I usually apply my deep conditioner when my girls are taking their bath and rinse it out after they are in bed}. If I use heat, I decrease the amount of time. Typically, I don't use heat, as it's easier for me to leave it on for an hour versus spending 30 minutes sitting in one place.
Afterwards, my hair is luscious and silky. I cant shout the praises and benefits of deep conditioning any louder than I already have. I upped my deep conditioning to twice a week and it really has made a world of difference.
Try it. You'll like it.

No comments:

Follow on Bloglovin