Friday, July 31, 2009

Braid and Curl Out

8:16a

Before my last texlax, I was wearing all protective styles and using absolutely no heat. That made a major difference to the health of my hair.

One of the styles I wore often was the braid and curl out. It was easy and it gave me a curly look that lasted a few days. On second and third days, I'd wear it pinned up.

I started with hair that was dried about 75-80%. I learned that doing a braid and curl out on soaking hair didn't allow my hair to dry by morning. I used the t-shirt method {which I will share at a later date} to remove the excess water. I applied my leave-in and sealed my ends and my edges, making sure to slick my hair back the way I was going to wear it.

Next, I divided my hair into two sections. I braided each section and rolled the two braids onto rods. I tied my scarf on to make sure my edges stayed flat as I slept and covered my scarf with my bonnet. {I'm a wild sleeper and my scarf never stays on}

The next morning, I removed the rods and undid the braid. The result is wavy, curly and moisturized.

This is actually the braid before I unraveled it. There is a tight curl on the end.


After I undid each braid and fluffed a tad, I had a full, curly, wavy pony tail. I used a clip to pull my hair back.


This style, for me, is so easy to execute. At the end of a long day, after washing my hair, the last thing I want to do is worry about a long, drawn out styling session. This really works great too, if heat is on your no-no list.


No comments:

Follow on Bloglovin