Thursday, May 21, 2009

Length and Goals

9:25a

An important part of this journey is to document. Not only what I'm using and doing, but also in photos, so that I can review months and years down the line and see actual progress {or backtracking!}.

This picture was taken after my most recent {and first!}texlax. My hair was twisted and air dried.

{Ignore the big side of my face...I'm still learning to take decent picture with my phone!} Focus on the length.


My hair is a decent length starting off, but I have goals that don't necessarily involve length at this point. I am mostly concerned about the health of my hair. Since moving to Philadelphia {almost a year ago!}, I have severely neglected and abused my hair. This neglect has resulted in my hair revolting back against me. There is a war going on my head! My hair's weapons of choice being severe breakage, split ends and all around dryness.

So, I'm fighting back. I'm trying to grow stronger hair, thicken my hair and reduce breakage. My arsenal consists of deep conditioning with protein every week followed by a moisturizing deep conditioner with a good moisturizing conditioner. I also am moisturizing with a water based moisturizer and sealing with Castor oil daily.

I'm hoping these things will add up to my hair being enviable!

No comments:

Follow on Bloglovin