Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Dollar Store Haul

8:21a

Ok so maybe not quite a haul considering it's only two items but I was only testing the waters. And the waters are nice. Especially with only a $1 price tag.


E.L.F Luscious Liquid Lipstick (Cherry Tart) & L.A. Colors Mineral Eyeshadow (Teal)

I went in the Dollar Store to find some western themed things for my daughters Western Party at school and out of the corner of my eye I noticed a makeup display. I have been to that Dollar Store plenty of times, but I have never really noticed the makeup display. I took a closer look and there seemed to be a few gems amongst the mash of products they had for sale.

Two that caught my eye were the E.L.F Luscious Liquid Lipstick in Cherry Tart and the L.A. Colors Mineral Eyeshadow in Teal. And for one dollar I was more apt to test these products than pricier ones that I may not end up liking.

Once I got home, I tore open the packages anxious to see if my $2 were well spent.

They were.


A little blurry but I love the sponge tip of the lipstick

Even though this product says it's a lipstick, I'd say it's more like a tinted gloss. I like the sponge tip and how it glides on easily. The subtle color it gives is great and it has a shiny finish that I love.


Color is light but glossy. A great work lipstick for me.

Next up was the L.A. Colors Mineral Eyeshadow in Teal. Truth be told, I did not have high hopes for this eyeshadow. Since I'm a brown skinned woman, shadows need to be highly pigmented to show up on my lids. For $1, I wasn't expecting much.


The shade in real life is so much more vivid.

I applied this shadow and I was immediately impressed. The color payoff was great and the true color really came out vibrant on my lid.


Teal eyeshadow, E.L.F gold eye shadow in crease, black eyeliner and mascara

My only regret with the eyeshadow is that I did not apply a primer before I put it on this morning. I guess I will test the staying power of this shadow too. I hope that it does great because for $1, I'm in love. They had several other shades that at some point in time I will return to get. I'm no longer afraid of the Dollar Store products and I'm actually excited that I can get some bang for my buck there!

1 comment:

Renise B said...

that gloss looks awesome on you, the shadow too. you & your sister making me want to step my game back up!

Follow on Bloglovin