Tuesday, February 02, 2010

Wash Day and Deep Condition

9:41a

So after a week of dealing with itchies in my scalp, I washed on Sunday. Since my scalp was itching so bad, I did want to do a prepoo. Something that focused on my scalp so I did a mixture of olive oil, peppermint oil and tea tree oil. I parted my hair into small sections and applied the oil to my scalp. I used my new bonnett dryer for about 20 minutes on low heat.

The peppermint oil tingled nicely and my scalp really felt moisturized. After I washed out all the oil, I used Mane and Tail Moisturizing Shampoo to really cleanse my scalp. It was pretty bad. But after the wash, it was nice and clean.

For my deep conditioner I used Elasta QP DPR 11 mixed with coconut oil and Lustrasilk Cholesterol. I left it on for about 30 minutes with heat.

After washing out the dc, my hair felt extremely strong but also very moisturized. I think it was the coconut oil! I love that stuff.

I blow dried and pincurled. My hair turned out fabulous and I was thrilled that I could achieve a decent hairstyle without using my flat iron.




2 comments:

Renise B said...

I'm glad the new oil treatments worked out so well. Hopefully your next post will be about the new bonnett dryer. When did you start using Mane and Tail? How is that working?

Michelle said...

lol...yes the next one is on the dryer. Mane and Tail was one of the first things I bought but when i discovered it had protein in it, I stopped using it. I ran out of HH shampoo so that was all I had left. It worked okay I guess. Nothing to rave about.

Follow on Bloglovin