Thursday, October 01, 2009

REVIEW: Isoplus Natural Remedy Tea Tree Oil and Aloe Conditioning Pac

11:01a

This past week I was at my local Beauty Supply Store and I got to the counter with my Elasta QP H-Two and my pack of barrettes {for the girls} and realized that my purchase was under $10 so I couldn't use my Visa. So I picked up Isoplus Natural Remedy Tea Tree Oil and Aloe Conditioning Pac. It was about $1.25.

That was the only reason I bought this. Not because I had heard anything great about it or not even because it looked like a promising product. I did flip the pac over and scan the ingredients. No mineral oil, no petroleum. Lots of oils. Ok, let's give it a try.




It promises to soften, detangle, nourish and add sheen. I was worried that this product was a protein conditioner because it said that it reconstructs on the package. But I did a search of every ingredient listed and could not find a protein connection. I still could be wrong, though.

So anyway, I washed my hair with Hello Hydration and added the conditioner. I put a plastic cap on and left it in for about an hour and a half with out heat.



After I rinsed, my hair didn't feel silky the way that I like it to be. It softened, but there was still a hardness to it that made me think that there possibly was some protein in it somewhere. So I threw some Hello Hydration conditioner in and my hair felt so much better.

The big thing that I hated about this product was the smell. It smells horrible. It smells really chemically and very black hair productish. Gross. And it lingers. Worse.

I won't be using this again. I did do some research on this "Natural Remedy" line of Isoplus'. It's a new line and seems to be their attempt at taking some of the harsh ingredients out of their products.

1 comment:

Renise B said...

I guess they get a hand clap for effort. lol!

Follow on Bloglovin